My name is Kristoff Arneson, the creator of this little corner of the internet you've found yourself in.
I'm a developer with a Bachelors Degree in Computer Science from Michigan Technological University and I do all sorts of things! From photography, to web design and development, to technical communication, to brewing and cooking, and to biking, I love to engage in a wide variety of fulfilling activities and work.
I enjoy crafting meaningful digital experiences:
- client facing interactions: determining needs, requests, and scope
- creative collaboration: whether collaborating on design or collaborative development
- flexible, dynamic, and impactful designs: something to leave a lasting memory
- graceful implementation: using modern tools or handrolling my own
- user satisfaction and usability: products are for everyone and all should leave feeling good about their experience
Tangible, NDA-free, open source work:
Intagible, human, personable work:
Working in the technical field can introduce many challenging aspects to communication, leading to lost time, headaches, and even lost business. First hand experience with strained communication with clients, from clients, within teams, and across teams led me to focus on technical communication throughout my undergraduate and professional experience. Or, as I like to say, "Engineering speak for everyone else".
The art of disseminating information to the proper audience can be a nuanced one. You don't want to overestimate your audiences experience but even more so, you don't want to underestimate it (lest you desire coming across as ignorant).